I suggest you ...

@user in twitter share

I know its nice to promo coderbits but cant you add a @user tag for the creator of the post when it is shared if the user has a twitter so they can get Klout and such also?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joseph Parkton shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joseph Parkton commented  · 

I apologize Scott, I did not see your previous comment until after I had posted. I love you guys and how much you are doing for the developer community. Im sorry for my rant :)

• AdminBit Munkey (Founding Monkey, coderbits) commented  · 

Yep, I totally understand what you are suggesting. I was just giving you detail into our tech limits at this very moment. We have a user's Twitter ID and not username currently (look at the link in your coderbits profile to your Twitter account). Once we add an extra change to store the username as well, we can do what you are suggesting.

Somehow you are not understanding what I am communicating, My Idea is nt strictly so the user can have their information in the "twitter card" but to gain Klout points as well. This can ONLY happen if the @mention is inside the actual post not the "card" or whatever. How difficult is it to add the user after @coderbits? Not hard at all. Users should be getting credit nt only in the form of a symbol in the card but also they should be getting Klout points and perks. If 1000 users share a link on twitter, ONLY coderbits is getting the credit and klout points the original author gets neither because the twitter mentions do not go up, as I suppose coderbits mentions go up everytime that post is shared. The USER should be getting credit also not just coderbits for having it posted. Why should coderbits get the klout points as well as other social media monitoring sites if coderbits did nothing more but act as medium to transmit that message.

I just checked this out, and yes in the dropdown summary there is a mention to the author but the @author does not show up in the user @mentions and so users are not getting Klout points because when others retweet and share the post it is not ascribed to @user it is giving @coderbits the klout points.

Feedback and Knowledge Base